Nutritional Therapy Consultations at Eat Well 2 Live Well can be held at the clinic in Wimborne or if necessary at a clients home. The initial consultation will take 1 1/2hours. Before the consultation you will be sent a questionnaire which needs to be sent back prior to the first consultation. The questionnaire is designed to assess your diet, health, symptoms, genetics, environment and life style and a full analysis is done before the consultation and provides the basis for your individual recommendations. Download questionnaire here.
A Functional Medicine approach is used to assess and design a personalized programme. Functional medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease, using a systems-oriented approach and engaging both patient and practitioner in a therapeutic partnership.
To understand better how a Nutritional Therapy consultation could help you watch this video
During a consultation a full analysis of your health history will be taken and this may provide adequate information on your nutrient status. However, a variety of tests are available that may provide a more comprehensive understanding of your health at a biochemical level. Most functional testing is carried out by private laboratories and the cost of these tests is in addition to the consultation fees. They are not compulsory but functional tests could help to:
- identify nutrient deficiencies
- screen for specific health conditions
- measure various biochemical factors
- DNA health factors
Some of the tests that could be recommended include:
- Hormone analysis – this could determine any disruptions to the female hormone cycle which may be contributing towards PMS, menopause, endometriosis, infertility, breast cancer, fibroids, cysts or poly-cystic ovaries.
- Digestive & Gut Analysis – A wide range of gastrointestinal conditions can been assessed via a Comprehensive Stool analysis which could provide information about your digestion, bacterial flora and intestinal parasites. Optimum gut health is vital for all aspects of health.
- Nutritional tests – There are variety of methods to measure the status of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and fatty acids, all of which are essential for optimum health.
- Adrenal Stress Test – 21st Century living can be very stressful and having an understanding of how well your body is coping may well help support a comprehensive nutritional programme.
- Toxic load – we can become very sluggish when our body struggles to eliminate the array of toxins it is exposed to on a daily basis it can also lead to many serious health conditions.
- New DNA tests – Could help to identify inherited predisposed conditions. The results may help to provide targeted support for prevention and or support of a variety of conditions as well as helping with the most suitable diet and exercise routine for weight loss.